Privacy and Security
Please note that this Statement may be amended from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check for the latest version on a regular basis.
Our Privacy Principles
KAMPO Employment Agency (『KAMPO』) has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles :
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your needs on foreign domestic helper and to conduct our business.
We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
We may pass your personal information to our business partners or agents, as permitted by law.
We will not disclose your personal information to any external organization unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
We, all our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at KAMPO will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your Privacy Matters to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
Security is our top priority. KAMPO will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
Our web servers are protected behind 「firewalls」 and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. We will not send personal information to you by ordinary email.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that KAMPO will comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
Both you and KAMPO play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your personal details including your Username and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorized use of it. Do not share your Username and/or password or allow access or use of it by others.
- You should safeguard your unique Username and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. KAMPO will never ask you for your Username and/or Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. When choosing to change your unique Username and Password, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognizable part of your name.
Collection of Personal Information
- Marketing Promotions – Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone, or at one of our braches). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them household, education, travel, transportation, banking, insurance, health, entertainment and other consumer products and services, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct mailings, please contact our representatives by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and mobile phone number. We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request within 30 days and ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing promotions.
If we do ask you to provide personal information, we will always specify the purpose for which such personal information is collected and ensure that it is only used for the purpose specified at the time of collection.
Notice to Customers Relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the 『Ordinance』)
This Statement is made by KAMPO in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (『the Ordinance』). The Statement is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply KAMPO with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of hiring foreign domestic helper or provision of hiring foreign domestic helper services or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- Failure to supply such data may result in KAMPO being unable to provide such services or continue to provide such services or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the relationship, for example, when customers hire or renew the employment contract with a foreign domestic helper.
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows : ※ the daily operation of hiring foreign domestic helper services and such related services provided to customers;
※ ensuring ongoing related services provides to customers;
※ designing foreign domestic helper hiring services or related products for customers』 use;
※ meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on KAMPO or any of its branches or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which KAMPO or any of its branches are expected to comply;
※ purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by KAMPO relating to a customer will be kept confidential but KAMPO may provide such information to the following parties (whether within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) for the purposes set out: ※ any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to KAMPO in connection with the operation of its business;
※ any other person under a duty of confidentiality to KAMPO including a group company of KAMPO which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
※ any person to whom KAMPO is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on KAMPO or any of its branches or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which KAMPO or any of its branches are expected to comply; and
※ KAMPO’s group companies; third party companies and services providers; charitable or non-profit making organizations. Such information may be transferred to a place outside Hong Kong.
- Of all the data which may be collected or held by KAMPO from time to time in connection with hiring foreign domestic helper services, the following data relating to the customer (including any updated data of any of the following data) may be provided by KAMPO, on its own behalf and/or as agent :
※ Full name;
※ Capacity in respect of hiring the foreign domestic helper (as employer or supporter);
※ Hong Kong Identity Card Number or travel document number;
※ Date of birth;
※ Correspondence address;
※ Any other necessary documents and/or information in respect of hiring the foreign domestic helper.
Use of Data in Direct Marketing
KAMPO intends to use a customer’s data in direct marketing and KAMPO requires the customer’s consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that :
The name, contact details, products and other service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data of a customer held by KAMPO from time to time may be used by KAMPO in direct marketing;
- The following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed :
※ Household, education, travel, transportation, banking, insurance, health, entertainment and other consumer products and foreign domestic helper related services and products;
※ Reward, loyalty, privileges or co-branding programmes and related services and products;
※ Services and products offered by KAMPO’s co-branding partners (the names of such co-branding partners will be provided during the application of the relevant services and products, as the case may be); and
※ Donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- The above services, products and subjects may be provided by or solicited by KAMPO and/or :
※ KAMPO’s group companies;
※ Third party financial institutions, insurers, and/or other services providers;
※ Charitable or non-profit making organizations;
If a customer does not wish KAMPO to use or provide to other persons his data for use in direct marketing as described above, the customer may exercise his opt-out right by notifying KAMPO
According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, any individual has the right :
to check whether KAMPO holds data about him and of access to such data;
- to require KAMPO to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
- to ascertain the KAMPO’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by KAMPO;
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, KAMPO has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Note: In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
IMPORTANT: By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out above. Thank you for choosing KAMPO.